Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Today is the Day

I am happy to report that today is the day that I have finished the trailer. After a very long and hot weekend; tonight after work I was able to get some major things checked off the list. And while there are a few minor details to finish I am for all practical purposes done and the trailer could be put into service immediately.


Choirs of angels singing and bright beams of sunshine beaming down.
Maybe that is to dramatic a mental image but from my perspecctive it is faily accurate. 115 days from the humble beginnings to today. The lights are installed and wired, all the finish is on the exterior, the windows are installed, and the tongue box is completed (Sharla's favorite detail by the way).
You can see that the tongue box is fitted to the curve of the front.

The tailights are set into the bumper.


Here you can see that the cedar stips continue from the beginning of the curve through the roof and down the hatch in the back. Once some of the nit-picky details get finished I will post a video walk-around.

4 comments:

  1. Very Nice Work!! I can hear the chorus of angels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still tough to connect choirs of angels and camping, but the trailer is certainly a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is hanging open. I cannot imagine all that went into this piece of craftmanship. I am so impressed! Congratulations! I know you will enjoy this sweet little home away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. still looks beautiful. any updates lately. I've got some extra parking space at my place if you need it…

    ReplyDelete